I have such a treasure in my life. She's MY Sweet T.
My kids call her Mema. For most of my life, I called her Teresa. In recent years, she has become T and eventually my Sweet T.
Today is her birthday.
It's one of those days that makes me a bit homesick. I'd love to jump in the van and drive those 375 miles and be home. I can't. Yet, I'm fortunate to know that she's coming to visit in a few weeks and I can hardly wait.
Happy Birthday to the one:
- whose heart knows no bounds. Loves unconditionally and without "strings" attached.
- taught me every Sunday school song you can imagine & causes me to smile every time I remember one and sing it to my children
- has taken this last 13.5 months of grieving and handled it amazingly. She hurts, but she carries on with dignity, grace, and hope.
- though I don't get to spend nearly as much time with her as I wish, when I am blessed with it....time just slips away.
- taught me the value of motherhood and the joy of seeking to be a little more of a Proverbs 31 woman every day
- can make something from nothing with such creativity
- though she didn't physically give birth to me, she loves as if she did.....the typical image of step-mom can't be put side by side with her in any shape, form, or fashion. She became mine "full-time" when I was just a toddler.
- taught me the true value of giving my life to Christ----that it isn't about religion, that is about a personal relationship
- can with just a simple text of I love you or I'm proud of you change my whole demeanor and remind me of the reason I daily have to choose to do things differently than the world.