Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Month of Gratitude

I love the idea of the month of November being about gratitude.  Many of my friends are posting something they are thankful for as their facebook status.  I'm doing the same thing....just on my blog instead.  You know I don't like to be limited to 420 characters on facebook!!!!  It's already November 3rd, so I have a couple of days to catch up.

1.  As my blog title reflects, I'm thankful for God's grace and for Him filling in the gaps when I lack.  I mess up more than I get right, but thankfully God knows how to step in and take over.   He gently rebukes me when I've taken a wrong step and causes my heart to be unsettled until I have turned back down His path.  He always sends just THE right person along to help me do something that I can't do alone or even things I don't know how to do.  He amazes me that way!  Having the assurance of salvation, God's forgiveness, His grace, and his Holy Spirit is what makes life worth living.  Thankful for a PERSONAL relationship with Christ.  Plain and simple.

2.  Thankful for my husband.  DUH!  Who wouldn't be?  He's pretty gosh darn amazing!  Though we have our struggles and things that constantly need working through, I would NEVER want to be on this journey with anyone else.  Some conversations while traveling home from Indy last night (we did get to talk on the way, but just on the "surface") reminded me even more of how thankful I am for the fact that he is the kind of man he is.  Though he is far from perfect, he IS perfect for me.....together we are complete.  THAT in itself was truly of God's design. 

3.  Thankful for my little "mountain mover".  He may be an absolute drain on the energy, Mr. Destruction, and may put a dozen new gray hairs on my head EVERY day.....but he is the most lovable, precious little guy.  Watching him grow and change is a daily joy that I'm so glad I don't have to miss very often.  I love his sense of humor, his open affection, his love of music and boy oh boy does he have rhythm, his wacky off the wall statements, and so many more personality traits of his.  I love the joy with which he snuggles in with me every morning and how he has to do it "just" right....no tiny little hugs and no tiny little kisses from this guy!   It warms my heart every time he snuggles in my lap and says his prayers every night.  It isn't a "chore" for him...he truly gets giddy with excitement!  Most importantly, I love my little mountain mover because I'm still so certain that God has called him to move mountains.  Those words immediately came to mind the first moment I held him after his birth and I still feel them every time he snuggles close. 

No comments: