Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Month of Gratitude: Day 10

Today I'm thankful for the freedom to make educational choices for our children.  I'm thankful for a husband that has supported and encouraged those choices for over 9 years now.  Though I don't believe that home schooling is the only right choice, it is the right choice for our family.  It's about seeking God's direction in regards to your children's educations and then being obedient.  For us, he revealed his plan about the time Adriana was three years old and though it has been a TOUGH (and VERY discouraging and lonely) road at times, I am thankful beyond words to be on this journey.  It's extremely frustrating some days, but more days there are blessings beyond compare.  Though I wish MANY things for my children, the three things I want them to embrace from life are a love for Christ, a love for others, and a love of learning.  Home schooling has been the greatest tool for developing those loves.  Though I could write PAGES on the topic, I simply just say...I'm thankful.




No comments: