Monday, August 22, 2011

200th Post

I kept thinking all day about what I wanted to write or do special for this post.  It's number 200!  That's about 195 more than I expected to write.  I decided I really didn't want to do anything specific. No bells and whistles. 

Though I NEVER dreamed I would still be here sharing at this point and I definitely had NO idea the impact it would have on my own life (much less anyone else!), God had a plan well before my fingers touched the keyboard that first time.  Though I don't know which direction I'm heading in the future or how God is going to use me, I know this:  I AM absolutely grateful.  At first it was just about writing for myself, to have an outlet to get the thoughts that were stuck in my head OUT!  Then it became about connecting with my husband because he was able to see exactly what I was thinking.  Though I may find it easy to write what I am thinking, I have not always been the greatest about vocally communicating as well.  OK---so I admit that is still a HUGE struggle! 

Though those things are still important, it has became so much more.  It has connected me to family and friends in a way I wasn't expecting.  It has also become a source of great friendships, ministry, and a place of accountability.  In a nutshell, I've found myself and my voice.  Though it has become more than I ever dreamed, I know the doors are just beginning to open and I can't wait to see where they lead!  I've had a few glimpses of how it has impacted others in ways I never dreamed and I pray that more of those opportunities open up with each day.  It's no longer about me.  It's my place to touch the hearts of others (especially woman) and let God use me.  Sometimes that scares me and makes me a wee bit very nervous.  Yet, I've committed myself to Him and committed my words to Him to be used in His way.  As long as I'm seeking Him first, I should have no fear and trepidation of where He is leading.  Bucking in.  Holding on tight.  Ready to go.  Ready for the next 200 and excited to see who I met along the journey!  Thanks for taking this journey with me!

No comments: