Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strong Enough by Matthew West


I have been hearing this song playing on the radio quite often as we've been out running errands this week. Each and every time it has literally floored me. It's one of those songs that just reaches in and gets deeply into the depths of what I've been feeling----for such a long time.

Be strong. You are so strong. You amaze me. These are the words I've heard so much lately. I know they are meant to encourage and uplift. I GET THAT----but yet, I am not strong enough. I've never felt weaker. This song definitely expresses where I am right now. I am not strong enough. However, I have a source of strength that compares to no other.

There is so much truth in the words about being at rock bottom actually being the BEST place to be. It is at the bottom when we have no choice but to look up. THAT is where our strength comes from. He is the strongest when we are at our weakest---IF WE LET HIM BE!

The words of the chorus just say it all:
I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong Enough
Strong Enough
For the both of us

No comments: