Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Are you ready for this? I'm going to write a post that is going to take a whopping two minutes or less to read. 

Father's Day.  Such a sore spot in my heart right now.  I know everyone is expecting a huge post that honors my Dad.  Simply put:  I just can't do it.  My emotions are too tender.  I'm choosing to focus on Kevin because I don't want to take anything away from his day.  He deserves our full attention and SO MUCH more because of the kind of father (and husband!) that he is.  I refuse to turn this day of honor into a pity party.  Granted, it would be easy to do.  I'm walking on egg shells trying to keep my emotions under control (and not always succeeding!).  Truthfully, I wish I could just "skip" this day this year----but I can't.  Therefore, I'm choosing to keep my focus on my biggest blessing in life.

I will say this:  my heart hurts.  There is such an odd feeling going on with such an empty spot.  However, it's an amazing thing to know that my earthly father is celebrating together in the presence of my heavenly father.  I choose to focus on that image and it will get me through this "first".  I would LOVE to write all about the wonderful man my dad was.  Today I just can't!  However, you can read about what an amazing man he was here.  I don't know how on earth I had the presence of mind to write about him just days after his death, but somehow I did.

I'm thankful that my children are being raised in a godly home with the type of father that Kevin is.  He isn't perfect and doesn't always get everything right (who does?), but I've never met a man with a bigger heart.  We are BLESSED beyond belief that God gave him to us!  Enough said. 

No comments: