Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life is Precious

Life is precious.  We hear that statement so often, but do we really stop and think about it to the point of making life changes?  It seems like the last few weeks that statement has been rolling around in my spirit non-stop. 

Every which direction I turn, someone is suffering a loss.  We've experienced personal loss recently on different levels.  I've listened to countless stories of those around us having their hearts broken on a grand scale.  Physical illness tearing families apart.  Friends losing parents and grandparents.  Cancer stealing a life INCREDIBLY fast.  Just today I was in the room when a grandmother received a call that her grandson had tragically died.  Unspeakable pain is everywhere we turn. 

I'm not always sure how to handle such heart break.  I often wonder why it seems like it is suddenly EVERY direction I turn?  I can't answer that.  I don't know what God's plan is or what his purpose is at times, but I think it's a very vivid reminder to look at life differently.

It has made an ABSOLUTE difference in our home.  It has made Kevin and I deal with issues that we've kept putting off.  It's made us be more purposeful in our actions.  I took the closet challenge a step deeper and did some cleaning out of "secrets" and finally "moved my feet" in the direction God had been leading me on some other issues.  Took some huge steps that completely were out of my comfort zone.

I think my heart is realizing that we really do not have any promises of tomorrow.  I believe we as a society have gotten too comfortable with our surroundings and we feel like we are indestructible.  We forget that time can end INSTANTLY or our lives can forever be changed in a blink of an eye.

With this thought process, I'm waiting to see just what else God is wanting me to do.  What else is He wanting me to learn?  Where else does he want my feet to move or what else is hidden in my closet?  What other areas does He want me to change so that I'm living a life of no regrets?  How do I need to change my life to show that I value life and every second we have? 

No comments: