Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Am Second



This is a bit of a different post.  There's no give-a-way involved (though I did receive a tshirt and bracelet for participating). There's no request for signing up for something so that I can "earn" something. 

It's just about  "I Am Second" and my hopes that you will check out this website and let it change your heart.

I've seen the emblem floating around...the "I Am Second" chair with someone sitting in it talking about some aspect of their Christian walk wearing a simple black shirt.

I've seen a few videos floating around on facebook or in emails over the last several months.

I've watched a few and found them powerful. 

But...

I didn't know about the amazing movement and website that it encompasses. 

As part of this review opportunity, I was encouraged to go to the website, watch a few videos and link to my favorite. 

Easy?

Should have been.

Instead, I found myself drawn in.  Soaking in video after video.  Choosing a favorite was next to impossible.  Spend a few minutes, choose one, write a post.  Move on.

Should have been simple. 

It wasn't.

Because I keep coming back and back again. 

First off, I was impressed with the website.  It's organization tops any other website I've frequented.  The videos are arranged by topic.  By struggle or by need.  Dealing with cancer or grief?  It's there.  Facing recovering from an addiction?  It's there.  Need encouragement in marriage? It's there.  Dealing with anger. It's there. Looking for purpose? It's there.  Learning the impact of forgiveness.  It's there.

Simply put...

GOD is there...

In the hearts of those on the videos that share their hearts. Their struggles.  Their victories.  The lessons they've learned.  The ways to put God first, yourself second.

It's there.

It's raw.  It's real. It's honest.  It's transparent.

Though I found countless videos that I loved and I STILL continue to watch more and more, a couple of my favorites are Alex Kendrick  and Bailee Madison.  Though Alex's video was filmed before Courageous became a hit, I LOVED watching his honesty about praising God through the hard times and the good times.  Trusting Him when situations don't necessarily seem possible to work out.  I loved his honesty about struggling in his own marriage while at the same time writing Love Dare and filming Fire Proof.  I love Bailee's. First of all, she's just so stinkin' adorable and precious.  However, there is an incredible amount of depth and wisdom packed into a little girl. 

There are many "famous" faces to watch and learn from.  Being originally from the Nashville area and growing up and attending college in Nashville, I really loved connecting in with the Nashville group and even seeing some familiar faces (such as Rudy Kalis).  I loved Bethany Hamilton and Scott Hamilton.  Sports fans will find many familiar faces (Tony Dungy for example).  Famous faces or just the neighbor next door.  All teaching about being second.  God first.  God in control.  Healing.  Inspiring. Life-changing.

Beautiful.

You can also choose to participate in a program called "Seconds Change"---

Give Change, Make Change- Many more stories are waiting to be told.  You can help.  Commit $2 every Tuesday to build film funds, and your contribution will be used to develop, produce and promote new films. Join the project and become an I am Second insider with access to exclusive content via Facebook. (It comes to just over $8 a month!).

There's also a challenge (that I've signed up for) for 22 days.  Watch the video of the day.  Share it with someone God puts on your heart.  Simple, yet impactful. 

Check it out. 

But perhaps you might want to grab some tissue first.  They are powerful!

No comments: