Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Basket Case

I have a confession to make.

I'm a basket case.

This normally highly emotional, extremely sappy and tender-hearted woman is...

Well beyond emotional these days.

Oh, I'm not depressed (though I definitely could use some more sunshine and warmer temps!).

God is just at work. 

Sometimes, that can leave you a bit weepy and overwhelmed. 

When He enters into some hidden parts of the heart and begins breaking down walls, healing wounds, and encouraging change----it can leave you a bit drained and energized at the same time.

But it's good. 

His chipping away, reshaping, and filling with more of Him is ALWAYS good.  Even if the process is a bit painful.

Between some things I've been learning during our time of fasting and by being part of the launch team for Jill Savages upcoming book release of "No More Perfect Moms" I'm just.....

Broken.

Yet, it's a GOOD broken.

I'm overwhelmed.

In a good way.

So much to absorb.  So much I'm ready to change.  So much I'm learning about myself---some things good and some things not so good.

However, isn't that what we should be striving for?

Allowing God to enhance the good and chip away the bad.

Most specifically, I'm learning how much I have to learn.  I'm having to make peace with the past.  I'm having to look forward to the future with a new set of eyes.

Moms----seriously----this book is life-changing! 

I took on this task of being part of this team because I thought I could help spread the word about an amazing book.  I WILL be doing that.  However, it has become so much more than that. 

It's changing me.  In ways I never dreamed. 

I hoped to use this platform as a way to bless others through something I knew would be phenomenal.  What I didn't expect was how much it would bless me.

God is at work. 

Nothing beats that. 

So thankful for the journey. 

Just look past the swollen eyes and deer in headlights look on my face if you see my walking by.  It's all good! :)

No comments: