Friday, February 14, 2014

Magnified Vision

I FINALLY broke down and bought something yesterday that I was needing.

Many of you probably have had one or multiples for many years. 

I just never took the time to pick one up even though I've needed it on multiple occasions. 

It's really a simple product.  Rather inexpensive.

But...

It has the ability to make a difference. It changes the way you are able to see things.

As I've begin to "age" (refuse to say that I'm old though I'm knocking on the door of *gasp* 40!), I'm finding that it's not just gray hair that is overtaking.  There are multiple signs beginning to scream at me that I'm definitely not in my 20s anymore.  I have noticed one that is more apparent by the day...

My vision.

Though I had vision issues as a child and wore glasses from 1st grade until I was in High School, my issues corrected as expected they would in my teens. 20/20 became my friend.  Unfortunately those days are behind me.  Night vision---yuck!  Finding myself increasing the font size on the computer and kindle DRASTICALLY.  Living life out of focus often.  Vision correction is in my near future (though overdue!). 

So, last night, I bought a vanity mirror with magnification. 

Taking care of the wayward eyebrows had become impossible without it! ;)

It's quite alarming the first time you see yourself THAT close up. 

What?  There are lines and wrinkles there?

What?  My pores REALLY look like that?

Hey, wait----when did my eyelashes get THAT thin?

Getting up close and personal can well be....alarming.  unnerving. shocking. eye-opening.

Yet, we sometimes need that new vision.

As I was looking in that mirror this morning, the Holy Spirit was pricking my heart.  My thoughts immediately turned to the reminder that He is doing that with me.  He's causing me to look deeper.  Pulling off the masks.  Getting down in the deep hidden caverns. Causing me to see the hidden sins that create a barrier between who I am and who He has designed me to be.

I can't just look at things with regular vision.  I can't look at my heart as the world does. 

I needs the magnification of His eyes. 

I need to see myself through His vision.

I don't need to see myself through the lies that satan likes to put in front of my eyes.

I need the vision of His truth.

I need Him up close and personal. 

He can see the scars and bring healing to the wounds that caused them.
He can see the doubts and cover them with His unending love and teach me to walk in faith.
He can see the questions, anger, and "real" me and doesn't run away.
He can see the sins and cover them with His grace and mercy. 

He SEES me when I feel unseen.
He SEES me when I make the choices that make me different than the world and feel alone.
He SEES me when I make the wrong choices and gently convicts, never condemns.


Oh....HE SEES ME.

Through magnified vision.  All-seeing.  All-knowing.  Ever-present.

He sees me and is there:

When I need direction (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Am tired and weary and He's ready to provide rest. (Matthew 11:28-30)
When something seems impossible. (Luke 18:27)
When I feel nobody loves me. (John 3:16)
When forgiveness seems out of reach. (Romans 8:1)
When the road feels to overwhelming and not worth it. (Romans 8:28)
When the future seems uncertain. (Jeremiah 29:11)
When I don't feel smart enough to handle a situation. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
When I don't feel able. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
When I just can't go on.  When I'm weak and ready to quit. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
When I just can't do it.  (Philippians 4:13)
When the need is great. (Philippians 4:19)
When I just feel alone. (Hebrews 13:5)
When I'm full of fear. (2 Timothy 1:7)


Through the scope of His vision, I am His.  Complete. Unconditionally loved.  Wrapped in grace.  Belong. Capable. Worth dying for.

No comments: