As much as Father's Day hurts because of the loss of my own hero, I can't help but smile the biggest smile because of the amazing blessing of the priceless man that my kids call "Daddy."
Today at church a large portion of the message was about the difference between a father and a daddy. Our kids are blessed beyond imagination to have a Daddy. He isn't just the provider. He is EVERYTHING else as well. I've seldom met men that value fatherhood and being hands on, more than the man that I call my best friend.
Kevin, I will keep this short and sweet. You know I could get as sappy and could write endlessly about my respect, love, and admiration of you.
Instead, I just simply want to say thank you. Thank you for being the man of honor that you are. Thank you for being more than just a father. Thank you for being a REAL Daddy. What a priceless gift you are. WE treasure you. Today, we HONOR you.
- for the endless laughter.
- for the endless sacrifice.
- for putting us first DAILY, minute by minute.
- for teaching the power of forgiveness.
- for teaching us ALL to have a servant's heart.
- for being the greatest Mr. Fix-It on the planet (for tangible things and intangible as well)
- for praying constantly for each of us
- for teaching us that love never fails.
- for proving that it is more than just spending quality or quantity time...that it's a powerful combination of both.
- for being a man of integrity, courage, and for being led by the Holy Spirit.
- for the hugs that can't EVER be matched.
- for teaching us perseverance and to never give up when things seem impossible.
- for walking hand in hand with each of us as we pursue stronger.together.
- for being willing to go to the ends of the earth to fulfill our purpose, even if that is literally what it means some day!
- for being a role model that exemplifies and provides the lens to which our kids view their Heavenly Father!