Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meal Plan January 30th

I must admit that those who suggested I put a meal plan to "the blog" instead of just on paper were right!  It did make for a MUCH smoother week having everything in one place with click-able links.  I didn't have to do much scrambling around pulling my recipes from different places.  It even worked out BEAUTIFULLY when I ended up having to spend so much time in bed this week.  Kevin would pull up the blog and immediately know what I had planned and basically how to go about it.  This week, I'm giving it another go AND adding in the full day instead of just the evening meals.  We are expecting a MASSIVE snow storm that is probably going to leave us trapped at home, so I am putting a bit more effort into the cooking and baking to help make things a bit more fun and exciting.  Plus, we will most likely be unable to attend many of our normal activities so time should be on my side somewhat.  Hopefully that will translate into many more things off the list of "rainy day" organizing.......however, instead of rain it will be more than a foot of snow if predictions are correct.  YUCK!  I'm so DONE with the snow for this year, but since we can't change it-----we'll just make the best of it!

Sunday: 
  • Breakfast at church
  • Lunch: white beans and ham in the crockpot; left-over biscuits and cornbread
  • Dinner:  Cowboy Spaghetti (didn't end up having this last week)
  • smore's brownies
Monday:
  • Breakfast: Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
  • Lunch: Alien Hot Dogs the boys FAVORITE  (slice hot dog in 3 pieces, stick several spaghetti noodles through it lengthwise and boil.....look like aliens or jelly fish when done.  We roll in Parmesan cheese.
  • Dinner: Crockpot Pork Chops with stuffing & apples This was one of my favorite meals that Shannon made at Camp One Way when I attended a scrapbook retreat.  Her similar recipe was in the C.O.W cookbook that I purchased. 

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

  • Breakfast: French Breakfast Puffs
  • Lunch:  leftover/sandwich if at home, but we hope to be out of the house by then and are planning on ice-skating with some of our homeschool church group friends and it will be a GREAT day to eat out!
  • Dinner:  Cheddar Potato & Ham Soup

Saturday is left open for whatever the mood hits.  I'm sure I'll also have my arm twisted (though not very far!) to make some other desserts and treats during the week as well, but I specifically plan on trying out the Apple Jacks cookies. 

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I love your menu plans! It gives me more recipe ideas.