Friday, July 15, 2011

If God Had a Refrigerator...

As a mom, I have such pride in my children.  Seldom am I ever without pictures or stories to share.  Their drawings and crafts are priceless treasures.  Their pictures cover our walls, refrigerator and just about every available space.  When you see me walking down the street, it's obvious I'm a mother.  My love for them is immeasurable.

I woke up this morning with a great reminder of that love.  Though MY plans included sleeping in and getting a much slower start to the day since my body needed it and my brain need some slowing down, Bradlee wasn't quite on that same page.  Not only does he normally get up earlier than I would like since he is an early riser and I'm a NIGHT OWL, but this morning he got up even earlier than his normal.  He just wanted ME.  He just wanted the mommy time he is used to having.  Being so busy this week and running totally off our typical schedule, he was craving the snuggles and one-one-one that he so typically enjoys.  Though I'm zapped beyond imagination (yet, fortunately my body DID not go into a full flare up this week---praise the LORD!), I also needed that time with him.  Though I can barely keep my eyes open since I've been averaging 4 hours of sleep this week (and don't handle it as well as Kevin does!), I completely treasure that time with him.

Those minutes this morning reminded me of the words of Max Lucado:

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring.

He sends you a sunrise every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He listens.

He can live anywhere in the universe, yet He chooses your heart.

Face it, friend–He is crazy about you!
 
 
God loves us NOT just as much as we love our children.  He loves us MUCH more than that.  Knowing how much I love my own children and how much I give of myself to them doesn't even compare to the love of God.  Even when I give my full capacity, it doesn't compare.  What a treasure!  Even when we doubt ourselves, when people betray us or disappoint us, or when we feel absolutely unlovable there is someone in our corner.  He loves us so much that our picture would be on his refrigerator.  He "gushes" over us with pride.  He is crazy about us!  He's never too busy.  Though He may at times correct us (just like a parent), His love is far from conditional. 
 
Just some words to grasp on to today.  Though my house may be showing signs of neglect and begging for me to find energy to restore it today, though my mind is still on overload trying to wind down from a busy week and balance the other demands still going on, though I have things in my own heart that God is convicting me about and asking me to change, and though my heart is heavy for so many people battling some hard things right now.....I am completely, absolutely, FULLY loved and treasured.  My friend, so are you!  Wrap yourself in those words today.  What a gift we have in the treasure of Christ!

No comments: