Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Pa!

I want to wish my grandfather, Pa Brown, a happy 80th birthday today.  I really miss being back in Tennessee tonight to celebrate it with family.  I can only imagine how much fun they all had.  Let's just say there is NEVER a dull moment when that side of our family gets together.  It's always GREAT to be together having fun with people that share your same belief system and PROVE that serving God is NOT boring!  Of course, when you are blessed with a SOUTHERN family that REALLY knows how to cook....food is just amazing!

Pa Brown is "only" my grandpa by marriage, but he is the one by "heart" which matters more than anything else.  He and Granny treated us as their "real" grandkids from the very first day that Dad married Teresa when I was just a toddler.  What a joyous blessing to have such an incredible man in my life.

Adriana is actually named after him.  Her middle name, Colette, comes from him.  His first name is Coley, my step-mom's middle name is Colleen, and my little brother's middle name is Cole.  Colette seemed like the perfect way to carry that tradition on and to honor such a wonderful man!  Happy Birthday, Pa!

No comments: