Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One WHOLE Hand Old---Bradlee

We reached another milestone today.  The baby of the household turned five.  As he likes to say, he is one whole hand old!  This one has been a bit rough on his mom---but at the same time it has been a sweet, joyous occasion.  This was our first 5 year old birthday that I didn't at least have another little one or one on the way to help "pad" the heart!  We are no longer a household of infants, toddlers, or pre-schoolers!

On the flip side, I am loving watching him grow.  He excites me more every day because I just can hardly wait to see what God is going to make of Him and how he is going to live up to being the "mountain mover" that we know he is.  Though I could write a novel or two about how he fills my heart with joy and need a few boxes of Kleenex in the process, I instead will just let a few pictures tell his birthday story.  I'm sure we will look back at this post a few years from now and just be in awe of all the changes in him physically, emotionally, and spiritually. 

My attempt at a candy robot cake.  It may not have met my standards
but it thrilled him!
"Major Hunk" ready to see what's inside!
Showing us how old he is!
He had been wanting that game since playing it at a cousin's house many
months ago in Indiana!

He's proud of his new set of Diego phonics books. 
He is LOVING the new freedom that comes with
basic reading skills!
Sweet gift from our precious neighbors in their 80s!
He loves Cat in the Hat---hooded bath towel! Maybe it
will keep him from streaking through the house so
often.  Maybe.  Maybe Not!
5 one dollar bills---to help him reach his goal of
buying a remote control helicopter like the big kids in the house.
OH boy!  Three at once will be interesting!

Happy Birthday to our "Mountain Mover" that teaches us more than we can ever teach him.

No comments: