Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Mommy No More

I can't put my finger on when it all happened or even tell you the first time I heard it. I am sad to report that I'm no longer a Mommy.....just a mom. It's a vivid reminder of just how fleeting the moments are with our children and just how short of a time we really have to make a difference with them that will last a lifetime. I don't know when Bradlee made the transition from calling me Mommy to Mom, but now that it has happened it's sad. It's especially sad since he is the last little one in our home (unless God changes our path). If I had known it would have happened this quickly, I would have savored EACH and EVERY one of those moments. I wouldn't have been so quick and short when I heard it for the millionth time in a day. It's quite sad to know that your three year old is really growing up so rapidly and that you can't keep up. I've said from the very beginning that he was SET ON GO from the moment he was born and that is so true. He isn't content with doing ANY thing slow. Fortunately, the Mommy word does occassionally slip out and I'm trying to soak it in on those rare occassions. For now, I'm going to cling to him when he says "Hold You Me, Mommy" because I know it won't be long before he stops saying those words too or at least stops saying them in his cute little mixed up order. Since that is also the only time left that he says Mommy, I think I will find as many chances as possible to hear him say it! Well, that is if I can catch him.... :)

No comments: